Intumescent Fire Rating Of Steel
Intumescent coatings provide an appearance similar to that of a paint finish. At ambient temperatures they remain stable. However, in a fire situation the increase in temperature causes a chemical reaction.
The intumescent coating expands to many times its original thickness. This provides an insulating foam-like coating or “char” which protects the substrate.
The intumescent coating is designed to insulate the steel, and prevent the temperature of the steel from rising to a critical point at which structural steel failure becomes possible.
Spraytek Coatings is an experienced airless spray specialist applicator, using a range of intumescent paints specifically designed for fire rating of steel members. Projects have been completed on site and also on the premises of steel fabricators.
If a quotation is required for large or small jobs contact Spraytek Coatings to arrange a quote as we sub contract our services to enable the principal contractor, Passive Fire Services Group NSW Pty Ltd (PFS) to meet their needs when additional resources and skills are required.
The following are examples of construction companies or locations where Spraytek Coatings has applied intumescent paint on steel projects to meet deadlines for Passive Fire Services Group Pty Ltd and their client construction companies to complete their projects:
- James Clifford Construction – Kareela Shopping Centre Car Park
- Allmen Steel Fabricators – Lend Lease- Barrangaroo
- Buildcorp Construction – Gateway Plaza Sydney
- Universal Steel Fabricators – Spring Farm School
- Kane Construction – King Street Newtown
- Reitsma Construction – Porsche Showroom Parramatta
- Buildcorp Construction – Berry Street North Sydney
- Remedial Construction – Westfield Miranda